Friday, August 20, 2010

Arrival & Outreach

I landed a few days ago in Harare and it was an easy trip! I want to thank you all so much for praying for me while I was traveling. I have been staying with the Edward’s family for a few days and they have been SO awesome. They have definitely made my transition to Harare much easier!

Working for a technology company definitely has its perks. I will have almost normal access to internet and a US phone number as well. The number will only work when the internet is working so it’s not completely reliable, but I am excited anyway… I’ll be able to keep in touch with all you on a somewhat normal basis. I had no idea that I would be getting my own line like that so thank you Appcore team for hooking me up!!!

I will actually be staying at the place I am working. It’s a super large house with 4 different levels, over 14 huge rooms and 5 bathrooms that I know of. It has a pool too. The pool doesn’t have any water in it but that can be fixed. I can’t move in just yet because there is no hot water heater and no refrigerator. I wouldn’t mind a cold shower if it were summer, but since we are on the other side of the equator, it’s winter here. And it’s been cold! There was actually frost on the ground the other morning when we woke up!!

Just today, (Friday) I was sharing my testimony with a friend here about how I came to Zimbabwe and how the Lord directed my steps. He asked me if I would come and speak at his church. I didn’t even know that he was a pastor of a congregation! I said YES, of course! I am really excited about this opportunity. There are about 80 members in his church in a town called Norton, about a 20 minute drive outside of Harare. They are also hosting an outreach in their town next weekend, especially encouraging the sick to come that the Lord would heal them. I told him I wanted to pray for the sick with his church, and he was so excited that I wanted to be a part of it. I am looking forward to sharing some testimonies with you!!!! Please pray for me and the rest of this team… Come Lord Jesus Come!

This is a bar that I visited in Norton, a common hang out place in the town since there is little else to do. As soon as I walked into this place, I could feel the women's lives that had been destroyed by either prostitution or sexual slavery. I am praying more about this would be revealed.



Here is what the town looks like.


This is where you would go to buy something in town. It's like the town center.

No comments:

Post a Comment