Friday, July 16, 2010

Howie

When I was 15 my parents had another baby. Howard Dennis Waldron III was born on December 20, 1995. He is one of the biggest joys in my life and he always will be. I have loved every minute of watching him grow up into a young man and I am SO proud of him!

Had I gotten away with it, I would have tried to take a picture of Howie the other day with his shorts pulled up like Steve Urkel. It definitely looked uncomfortable, but it made us all laugh... We told him he looked like Urkel when he did it and one of my nieces (she's 8) said, "Who is Urkel?" AND I knew I had reached that point... Remember when you were a kid and your mom would tell you such and such about that old TV show and then laugh and you had no idea what was so funny...? well... i had this sudden realization that 'it had happened... ' I had somehow reached the other side and we all laughed again.

Even though my brother can be silly and pretend he's Urkel like most 14 year old boys can be sometimes, he has a kind heart and loves to love other people. I love him with all my heart!!!! He is growing up into a strong and handsome young man, with a great calling and destiny on his life.

I love you Howie!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. lol! I'm right on the other side with you...who could forget steve?!

    ReplyDelete