Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A visit in Vermont

I wrote this blog a few days ago and I didn't post it because I was trying to get a picture of me and my dad... but that will have to wait. I'll post a picture of my Dad and I appreciate all of you who have been praying for my family!

As I got into the car on Saturday night, my sister whispered to me, “You have lost your mind.” At the time, it seemed like a perfectly rational decision to go to Vermont with my Dad. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me. I didn’t know why she didn’t want to come … But all of a sudden I had the realization of my decision hit me and I wasn’t sure if I should go.

So, my Dad, my brother and I jump in the car and off we go. We’re well on our way into the drive and my Dad starts telling me about this church that him and his wife have been going to. It’s been a really busy summer for him and he says he hasn’t been in like 2 months, but he says that he really likes it. If I could do one of those really cool sound effects that they do on tv, I would make that sudden screeching of the brake noise right HERE… Let me back up … you have to understand that this is not normal for my Dad to be talking about church. I have never been to church with my Dad, nor have I had his approval to go. I even had to wait until I was 18 years old to be baptized because he didn’t approve. So, he says he likes it??? What??? MY father… going to church… and liking it??? Wow, I could hardly believe what my ears were hearing.

We wake up Sunday morning and we all go to church together. He was disappointed that there was a guest speaker because he likes the pastor so much that he wanted me to hear him preach. I didn’t know what to quite think of the whole situation, but my Dad is hearing the Word of the Lord by his own choice. This is the first time I have ever gone to church with my Dad. I think he may have gone to see me in a play or something like 25 years ago…

I am still praying: Lord, that my Dad would walk in the fullness of your love, that he would know you and love you with all his heart. Amen.

Don’t give up on praying for your unsaved family members. If my dad, who has not gone to church his entire life and who wouldn’t even let me baptized, is starting to seek relationship with God, then I KNOW the Lord can work a miracle in your family too. I stand with you in agreement that your family and friends will come to know the love of the Father too!

Here is a picture of the beautiful scenery that I saw in Vermont on a hike. That's my Dad at the bottom.






These is me and my little bro Howie. (And yes, I did hike in this dress... ) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment