Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My heart

Today is another snowy day in Iowa. On my way to the prayer center this morning, I was wondering if anyone from my team was going to make it in. The road conditions were not good and the snow was blowing pretty hard.


For all my friends who live in warmer places, this may seem like a strange scene to you. But snow covered roads are a normal part of winter life in Iowa. As I was praying about what to pour out today during our prayer time, I remembered this scripture:

My beloved spoke and said to me, Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. (Song of Songs 2: 10-11)

So, as I was praying, I just started praying about the snow that was covering the land here and started declaring the season of singing would come instead. I started declaring that the season of snow would be gone and that a new season would come. I had a vision of people dancing in the streets, worshiping the Lord with new songs and dancing with flags. I saw a new culture coming forth from the streets as people were unashamed to tell of the mercies of the Lord.

I am declaring that and releasing that over our land! I hear laughter in place of sadness. I see hearts being restored as the love of families gets poured out. This is such a season of restoration. I am loving it.

I am literally seeing lives transformed before my very eyes. It moves my heart. The Lord is doing a new thing in me and all around me. Praise the Lord. I will sing to Him a new song.

2 comments: