Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Prayer and 5 Nights of Gatherings

I had my first prayer set yesterday. I asked my new friend Elizabeth if she would come sing with me. She agreed. She was a bit timid at first, but by the end, was ready to do another one. There were tears of healing and tears of joy as we prayed, read scripture, and worshiped the Lord together. As we left yesterday, she was eager to join me again today.

Our prayer time today was intense, and the 2 hours went by SO fast! I was grateful to have a drummer and prayer leader join Elizabeth and I today. When I stopped playing, Elizabeth said, Is it 2 already?? She sang with such boldness and confidence today! We reluctantly stopped, but then we had a time of fellowship. Someone had brought a huge crock pot of soup to the prayer center. So, we ate together and shared our testimonies, and of course, we couldn't help but pray some more.

Right now, I'm sitting in the prayer center, soaking in the presence of the Lord waiting for 7:15 to get here. The Prayer Center is hosting 5 consecutive nights of gatherings this week. We had the first gathering last night. Let's just say that the Holy Spirit showed up in a powerful way. We started at 7:15, and I had a hard time leaving at midnight.

A gentleman named Roger Pope spoke about how the Lord told him to move to Waterloo, Iowa from Florida. He shared testimony after testimony of how the Lord has opened doors for him in Iowa. I was so encouraged and inspired. I also received 2 prophetic words. Thanks Lord!!

God is shaking the state of Iowa through worship, intercession, and a coming together in the body of Christ. Lord, release the revelation of unity in the body of Christ throughout our state. Shake this nation with these gatherings.

I'm looking forward to tonight. I'll try to post again tomorrow about tonight's gathering.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO cool! I have loved reading your blog for awhile and I just think that God is using you so much to advance His kingdom in some really incredible ways. Thanks for continuing to share your stories & if you'd want to check my blog out too, feel free to...otherwise, please keep writing what God puts on your heart & being a blessing to me, as well as tons of others I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete