Sunday, September 19, 2010

ICT Forum

This last week was adventurous... Our Appcore team was privileged to be a part of an ICT forum co-hosted by the Zimbabwean Ministry of ICT and the office of the Prime Minister. It was amazing how the Lord made a way for me to be involved with this conference!! Straight to the top of the mountain...



After the long week at the conference, I was looking forward to a restful weekend! I checked out a new church and it was awesome. I don't think it's the perfect fit for me so I am going to keep looking. So, if you can pray I find that special spot the Lord has for me, I would appreciate it!

The plug in my room hasn't been working and so I decided to fix it myself.



I used a screwdriver, a butter knife, a pair of tweezers, and a sharpie to fix it. The electric was pretty easy to figure out and YES I did turn the electricity off at the panel before I stuck the screwdriver in it...



And then I've been having some visitors...

This guy was about 4 1/2 inches long. I don't know what they feed their locusts here but they get SO big!



And these other dudes visit me regularly and I can't usually catch them because they are SO fast. You have to throw your shoe at it where you think he's gonna go. Otherwise you just leave a shoe mark on the wall... And I have pictures to prove the shoe marks! lol.... These spiders are called wall spiders or wallie's for short. I was hanging out with the gardener (Luke) tonight and I showed him another one even bigger than in this picture and he proceeded to kill it with his hand and then fed it to the ants. He said that it would be gone by the morning. I am thinking to myself - I want to kill these ants and you are feeding them! lol... different perspectives!



Did I mention that I HATE spiders!?

No comments:

Post a Comment