Friday, September 3, 2010

Power cuts

I know I'm behind on blogging... We have had serious power cuts this week and have been running a generator when we can so we can work during the day. I am getting used to living with candles and little water. Fortunately I have access to well water but I still can't get the water unless I have power. Many families have had no water at all for several days because they have municipal water. Please pray the power failures and water issues are resolved soon.

I know many of you are wanting a report from the outreaches from last weekend. I wasn't able to go due to some technicalities, but I am working out the small details with the staff of the church and we have a meeting set next week to get my credentials reviewed.

My heart goes out to women and especially children that are sold into sex trafficking. Exodus Cry, associated with IHOP in KC, is a ministry that deals specifically with this issue. I get their email updates and join in the live prayer stream when I can concerning this issue. Well, earlier this year, I saw that the Exodus Cry team was coming to Zimbabwe. I had emailed them asking for more info and who I could contact once I got here so I could get involved. Well, I never heard back from them and just prayed the Lord would open the door for me here.

This morning I met with the pastor of a ministry called the Voice of Peace. I went to see him because he was in need of a website. When he started talking, all of the pieces fell together and I discovered that his ministry was the one involved with Exodus Cry. They take care of 15 rescued children... I was SO thankful the Lord provided the contact person!!! Out of his ministry, there have been around 350 church plants, they feed 5000 to 6000 orphans a day, and they run 4 or 5 orphanages. I can't remember the exact numbers....

The pastor extended the opportunity to me to come see the orphanages and speak at his churches as often as I am available. He also asked if I could lead a bible study at one of the orphanages or do whatever I wanted, play games, pray with them... whatever I wanted to do. I am so looking forward to seeing the kids and getting to pray over them and speak the Word of the Lord to them.

As I sit here and write this (at almost midnight), I heard some people start singing outside. I didn't know where it was coming from and so I grabbed my little camera which can also take video. I recorded a short clip for you to listen but it says it will take an hour and a half to upload the 2 minute video. I think this is a religious group known as the Apostates. The wear all white to all of their meetings and you will see them lined up and down the roads everywhere on Sunday's. The believe in the bible, but they also worship the rocks and water... I don't know much about it yet, but some friends here say it is one of the largest religious groups in Africa.

I am going to bed now and if the video has uploaded by the morning, I will post for you to see. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you. Thank you for sowing into me and Zimbabwe in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment